Update on COVID-19 (coronavirus) for Our Patients
First and foremost, I hope this message finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe. Your wellbeing is always at the forefront of our thoughts so we wanted to let you know what we are doing at Looking Ahead Pediatric P.T. to help combat the coronavirus.
We are keeping our clinic open for our patients per the clinical guidelines that have been announced by the CDC and WHO. Physical therapists have been defined as essential healthcare providers and are being urged to keep their practices open. Looking Ahead PT is doing everything possible to comply with these guidelines.
We are benefitted by the fact that Looking Ahead Pediatric P.T. provides only 1 on 1 direct care which helps limit exposure during treatment sessions. That being said, for those patients not comfortable with leaving their homes at this time, we respect your decision and want only the best for you and your child's health.
While we always follow the CDC guidelines to ensure a clean and safe environment for our patients, we are taking extra steps and precautions to be more vigilant with our procedures. These include the following:
- Parents can decide to stay in their car and text your P.T. upon arrival so they do not need to wait in the Lobby or Waiting Area
- Automatic doors are fully operating to enter the building and enter the office so you do not need to use your hands to enter the facility
- Parents and children are required to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer upon entering the treatment area and at the end of your treatment session.
- All surfaces (i.e., tables, mats, chairs) which parents and your child come into contact are cleared prior to and after treatment sessions with Healthcare Professional Grade disinfectant wipes
- Fresh towels, provided by Looking Ahead Pediatric P.T. will be provided and used on treatment tables so you will not be asked to use your own blanket
- All toys that are handled by the therapist or parent and child will be thoroughly sanitized with Healthcare Professional Grade disinfectant wipes prior to and after treatment sessions
- We are asking that parents try their best to only bring their child to therapy sessions, if possible, and leave their siblings at home.
- If you or your child have a fever or cough, please cancel your appointment and we will reschedule for a later date.